Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Run-In at the Osu Kannon Corral...err, I mean Temple

Today Chris and I went to Nagoya. I'll take you on that journey later. However, before you read about it in all of the big magazines and see it on all of the big new stations, I wanted my faithful blog-checkers to hear about it HERE FIRST.
The Obu Kanna temple was the sight of my life and death struggle with hundreds of wild, blood-thirsty pigeons.

"Ooooo look at all of these wonderful, hungry pigeons."

*Pigeons act in unison, as if controlled by one Alpha Pigeon. Do not blink. Cock head to one side. Still do not blink. Beady eyes fixed on me. Not blinking. Single chirp. Cock head to the other side. No sign of blinking.*

"Ooooooooooo a bird seed stand, let me get them some food."



Your hero opens the bird seed window. Pays 50 yen. Reaches for food. All hell breaks loose.

Enjoy the show...






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't we learn in London that it's like a 500 pound fine to feed the pigeons?

-Christen

8:15 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Yeah! I remember seeing that sign! In Nagoya, Japan it's apparently encouraged. They had the booth set up with a little sign asking you to leave 50 yen (no attendant at the booth, it's all on the honor system) if you take some bird seed.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home