Friday, October 20, 2006

I don't have time to write a full article...so gnash on these briefly described pictures!

An incredibly busy day! We have a show tomorrow night...and today was the dress rehearsal! I included a picture of our uniform a few pictures below. Ummmm...Chris, myself, and the Thai guys were herded into the car today with no idea where we were going. Turns out it was some sort of Japanese technology/environmental convention. I've never been so confused in my life...but i did get to drive a very small car (of the FUTURE). Pictures of that tomorrow.

Anyways, it's 3:15 in the morning and I have to wake up in five hours for breakfast, followed by a 9:30 runthrough before we leave for the show. Enjoy this cornucopia of pictures and I'll update more tomorrow!

Here is a great picture of the part of Ikeo you can see when you walk out of my dorm house. Clearly it's a garden area. There church is straight ahead and there is a living area at the right of the picture. Below the living area is the cafeteria.



Speaking of the cafeteria. Here we are on October 12th, celebrating Chris' birthday! A few of the girls in the colorguard bought Chris a fine assortment of pastries. When the left...the men of Ikeo had at it. The cute little one in the yellow was the kid I mentioned a few days ago as "Chris' marching tech." When Chris was learning the drill, Yutaka chased him around (he had marched the spot prior to Chris' arrival) and told him where to go. Chris and I affectionately refer to Yutaka as "junto onnanoko" which VERRRRY loosely means "the little girl." He likes it...I swear...



My favorite place on Ikeo. There's this pond of fish near my dorm house...they're big and colorful which is enough to entertain a simpleton like myself.




Here we are tonight after the dress rehearsal! Aimachi gets new uniforms every single year. Except they don't buy the uniforms premade all the time...we (yes I helped!) made these uniforms to fit this year's show. Clearly much different from my Cadet days. Anyways...here we are striking our best ninja poses. I'm one of the guys with his hat on, just to Chris Gow's left (if you're Chris Gow looking at the camera).



More being ridiculous. This time were at a big department store in Nagoya called Loft. On the eighth floor we found the Halloween section. If you wore this in America, you would have the cops called on you in a second. From the viewer's left is Chris Gow, Lung (pronounced Lewng) from Thailand, and yours truly.




Oyyyyyyy 3:30 AM....goodnight! Thanks for commenting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home