Friday, March 07, 2008

Ghetto-Fabulous in Bangkok

Yo! So here's the dilly (that's slang for dilly-o). My computer charger is being cranky and I need to go out and try to buy a new one! I am currently going through the ULTRA-SLOW process of typing this message letter by letter on my buddy's iPod thingy. Just to easy the minds of my fans, I am having a killer time and am looking forward to sharing my zany adventures with you soon.

The best part of all this is that, because of the 12 hour time zone difference, I am able to stay up through all hours of the night - as demonstrated by my 6AM return last night (this morning?)

The city is beautiful, I'm staying in an incredible 12th floor apartment with way too many balconies (you'd brag too if you were me) and an amazing view of the city. I'm trying a lot of new food...usually mega-spicy, and it's wreaking havoc on my stomach. Also, Wikipedia was right, it is fucking hot (though proximity to the equator is probably a solid tip-off).

I went on a few excursions yesterday, exploring temples, castles, and more than a few seedy bars; and I almost met my untimely death at the hands of about 40 motorbike taxis. Though, perhaps my crowning achievement (and the subject of one of my first blogs once I get a charger) is that there is reason to believe I am currently being pursued by my first "lady-man." I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Well...please do say hello by leaving me a comment! Thanks!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... matt haines: giving an entirely new definition to "the ladie's [a] man." don't say i didn't warn you. boop.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...Bangkok is the city of experimentation. Go for it! *wink wink*

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kat H said...

holy cow... so wish i was there exploring with you... fix your laptop soon!!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is matt haines still alive? press "1" for yes and press "2" for no...

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home